We are a scientific association in environmental epidemiology that impacts research, training and policy worldwide.
To foster epidemiological studies on the effects of environmental exposures in people, stimulate communication between health professionals, promote methodological advances, and strengthen environmental health policy.
- Our membership is open to environmental epidemiologists and other scientists worldwide.
- We provide a forum for the discussion of problems unique to the study of health and the environment by supporting annual meetings, newsletters, critical reviews and commentaries, workshops, and regional events.
- We facilitate communication across disciplines by involving epidemiologists, toxicologists, exposure analysts, and other environmental scientists and moral philosophers in our annual meetings and committees.
- We support innovative approaches to substantive or methodologic problems and applications of environmental epidemiology by featuring new research at our annual meetings and supporting new researchers.
- We use environmental epidemiology to inform public policy by developing consensus statements, scientific commentaries, and acting as liaisons with academic, governmental, inter-governmental, non-profit and business institutions.
- We support the involvement of scientists from around the world and subsidizing membership costs for scientists in developing countries to encourage their participation.