This award was created to honor the legacy of Dr John Goldsmith, one of the organizers, early leaders, and constant supporter of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology. This award is given to investigators for "sustained and outstanding contributions to the knowledge and practice of environmental epidemiology." Recipients have typically contributed in substantive and innovative fashion to the methods and practice of epidemiology over many years.
The recipient will be invited to present the John Goldsmith Memorial lecture at the annual conference with registration, airfare, and hotel costs paid by ISEE.
The deadline for submitting nominations for the 2018 John Goldsmith Award is Friday, April 27, 2018
How to Apply to the John Goldsmith Award
Any member of the ISEE (except members of the Awards Committee) may make nominations.
A single nomination document in PDF should be prepared containing the following:
- A cover letter from the primary nominator up to two pages in length, that describes the major contributions of the nominee to the science of environmental epidemiology and her/his impact on the field and on public health policy.
- A brief curriculum vitae or biographical sketch of the nominee (up to three pages).
- Letters, up to two pages in length, supporting the nomination, from up to five others familiar with the contributions of the nominee. These support letters should describe in specific terms how the nominee meets the award criteria.
- A portrait photo (photo of only the award receipient will be published with their bio in the journal and on the ISEE website).
- Send nominations to: email@example.com and include in the Subject line: "Goldsmith Award Nomination."