The ISEE Africa Chapter was established by the ISEE Council in September 2016. Its mission is to promote contact between and action by Africa members on matters related to environmental health, to strengthen epidemiological research and capacity development in environmental health and to improve public health outcomes in Africa.
To support the Mission, the main aims of the Africa Chapter are:
- to identify major environmental health problems in the region;
- to promote epidemiological research in environmental epidemiology in the region;
- to promote research collaboration, academic exchange and capacity development including training in environmental epidemiology in the region;
- to interact with local, federal, regional, and international organizations; and
- to translate research findings into timely and effective policy frameworks.
The accomplishment of these aims should lead to an increased number of publications, fundraising, research collaboration, academic exchanges, knowledge translation, strategic alliances with national and international agencies, and assistance in prevention and control programs related to environmental health problems, led by members of ISEE Africa Chapter.
The Africa Chapter includes all 47 countries that correspond to the WHO African Region. Members of the ISEE Africa Chapter will be classified in the following categories:
Executive Council of the Africa Chapter
Regular members: ISEE members who are nationals of Africa or residing in Africa, as defined above, are automatically members of the Chapter, unless they opt out.
- Associated members: all ISEE members who were not nationals from and who do not reside in Africa but conduct environmental epidemiology research in Africa are eligible to join the Africa Chapter subject to completing a membership application process.
The following people serve on the Executive Council of the ISEE Africa Chapter:
Mohamed Aqiel Dalvie
Richard K. M'Bra
Follow up and contacts:
Gueladio Cisse, email@example.com
Nosiku Sipilanyambe Munyinda, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adetoun Mustapha, email@example.com
Jonathan Chevrier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa Chapter ByLaws (pdf)